Sorry For The Lack of Updates

I’ve been fairly busy lately (more than usual), and I realize I haven’t updated my site in quite some time now. There have been several significant changes with LibreScribe. The full details are available in the commit log on github, but most importantly, LibreScribe now functions to the point where pages can actually be pulled from the device, rendered, and displayed in the native image viewer on the system. I’ll try to post some more updates soon and get more work done on LibreScribe in the near future.

8 Responses to Sorry For The Lack of Updates

1. Stephan says:

That’s good news!
    I’ll try the recent version soon!
    Thank you for your efforts.
    BTW, Livescribe didn’t react to my email to support you. Did you receive anything ffrom them so far?
    Regards
    Stephan

2. Mark Perino says:

Great Work. Looking forward to updates!

3. Aldi says:

I also sent an email to Livescribe so that they support you. I don’t know why they don’t do it. It would be a win-win for everyone.

4. David Cramer says:

Hi Dylan,
    I just found your librescribe project and, as the owner of a livescribe echo, am very interested in it. I cloned the project from github and did “make”, but get this error:

./wx_pch.h:21:23: fatal error: wx/wxprec.h: No such file or directory
    compilation terminated.
    make: *** [obj/Debug/AboutDialog.o] Error 1

Any ideas? Also, if I can get it to build, would I do “make install” to install it? I’d feel more comfortable with a little documentation explaining what it installs and how to remove it :-)

Thanks,
    David

• David Cramer says:

Btw., I’m running Ubuntu 11.10.

• Juan says:

Hi David,

I have solve it installing libwxgtk-dev package:

sudo apt-get install libwxgtk2.8-dev

• Juan says:

I have need to install libudev-dev, libopenobex1-dev, libglib2.0-dev, libsp-gxmlcpp-dev, python2.7-dev, python-dev too (and others like automake libtool)… and then it compile :D:

sudo apt-get automake libtool install libwxgtk2.8-dev libudev-dev libopenobex1-dev libglib2.0-dev libsp-gxmlcpp-dev python2.7-dev python-dev

5. Donal Gleeson says:

Hi Dylan,
    I would be interested working on a Windows port of Librescribe and making it available to open source community. I bought a Livescribe pen before I found out that they had stopped selling and supporting their SDK. I have some ideas which requires me to access the pen directly from an application.
    Would you be interested in this?
    Regards,